Dr. Sunil Kumar,
Scientist & Incharge of AKMU
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org,
All the scientists and Technical personnel are provided with computers connected through a structured UTP cable (CAT-6) LAN network for information exchange. Internet facility / access is provided to all the nodes through National Knowledge Network (NKN) link through 100 mbps connectivity provided by the Rail Tel Service provider through NKN-NIC for 24 hours. The LAN network is configured and managed through LINUX based server.
The internet facility is provided to the Trainee Hostel .The centralized admin console of Total Internet Security is also provided to all the nodes for proper detection of malwares and security purpose. The AKMU cell also facilities the latest versions of software package like ArcGIS, ERDAS, Sigma plot 12.5.
Major Activities of Agriculture Knowledge Management Unit (AKMU) are as follows:
- Provide E-mail and Internet facilities through NKN Connectivity
- Development and Updating of Website (https://iifsr.icar.gov.in)
- Maintenance of Local Area network
- Developing application programs for Institute
- Procure, integrate and install various H/W and S/W products
- Manage Audio / Video presentations at Conference Hall, and Director’s Committee Room
- Maintaining Bio-Metric Attendance System